Lifelong learning in the form of improving our skills and learning new techniques is a large part the Guild's reason for being. Our opportunities for learning are many:
- We learn from each other. At every meeting there are people working in varied techniques who are always happy to show others what they are doing.
- We learn from our programs. Almost every month there is a new program: either a lecture on a topic of interest to embroiderers, or a hands-on project demonstrating an embroidery or finishing technique.
- We learn from our members. Members teach classes and projects that have captured their interest. We have learned Italian whitework, pulled thread, canvas work and design elements through classes taught by our members.
- We learn from internationally renowned teachers. Every year we try to arrange 2 classes from outside teachers in techniques that our members are interested in learning. See below for a link to some of our past workshops.
- And we learn from an extensive library of stitching books and materials available to our members.
- As a member guild of the EAC, we have access to EAC's individual and group correspondance courses, to the international teachers who teach at their annual seminar, and to their extensive library.