- To meet and socialize with others passionate about stitching.
- To learn all you can about your favourite type of embroidery.
- To step out of your comfort zone and learn a new technique when you want to.
- To get help with new designs or with finishing unfinished objects.
- To receive the Guild newsletter, Stitching Together, three times a year
- To receive discounts for Guild members at some area shops.
- To access the Guild library.
- To become a member of the Embroiderer's Association of Canada, with all the benefits that entails, including:
- Access to the EAC library;
- EAC individual and group correspondance courses.
- Classes from internationally known teachers at the annual Seminar every May.
- Embroidery Canada magazine, four times per year.
How to join
Membership in the Toronto Guild of Stitchery includes membership in the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada. The combined membership fee is currently $75 per year, but will be increasing to $100 on September 1, 2017.
Membership in the Toronto Guild of Stitchery gives all members the right to attend all meetings and activities of both the Day and Evening groups. Many members take advantage of this opportunity to get to know other members and try more stitching activities.
To join the Toronto Guild of Stitchery, email tgsmembership at tgsweb.ca, or fill in the membership form and mail it along with your cheque to
Toronto Guild of Stitchery
7-B Pleasant Blvd
Toronto, ON M4T 1K2
Individuals are welcome to come and attend one of our meetings to see what we’re all about before joining. See the Meetings page for location and details.